Friday, June 2, 2023
Regulations on Antiragging
All students are required to note that they are prohibited from engaging in any form of ragging. Based on the directions of the Hon’ble Supreme Court, the UGC framed the “UGC Regulations on curbing the menace of ragging in Higher Educational Institutions, 2009”.
- The aim of the Regulations is to prohibit, prevent and eliminate the scourge of ragging including any conduct by any student or students whether by words spoken or written or by an act which has the effect of teasing, treating or handling with rudeness a fresher or any other student, or indulging in rowdy or indisciplined activities by any student or students which causes or is likely to cause annoyance, hardship or psychological harm or to raise fear or apprehension thereof in any fresher or any other student or asking any student to do any act which such student will not in the ordinary course do and which has the effect of causing or generating a sense of shame, or torment or embarrassment so as to adversely affect the physique or psyche of such fresher or any other student, with or without an intent to derive a sadistic pleasure or showing off power, authority or superiority by a student over any fresher or any other student, in all higher education institutions in the country, and thereby, to provide for the healthy development, physically and psychologically, of all students.
- Any student found to be indulging in one or more of the above mentioned activities is liable to be punished. Punishment could include expulsion from the Institute, suspension from the Institute for a limited period, a fine with a public apology, withholding of scholarships, debarring from representation in events, withholding of results and suspension or expulsion from the hostel or mess.
- Students can call on Darbhanga Medical College Helpline to complain about ragging.
- Students can also call the toll free round-the-clock UGC National Anti-ragging Helpline 1800-180-5522 or write email to [email protected] or visit the website www.antiragging.in.
UGC Regulations on Curbing the Menace of Ragging in Higher Educational Institutions, 2009 [ https://dmc.edu.in/wp-content/uploads/2022/01/gazzetaug2010.pdf]
Anti Ragging videos on UGC website: http://www.ugc.ac.in/page/Videos-Regarding-Ragging.aspx
- In case of complaints or to report incidents related to ragging, you can also contact the following DMC authorities:
|S.No.||Name of the officer||Designation||Mobile No.|
|1||Dr. Mohan Paswan||Assistant Prof. & HOD Department of TB and Chest cum warden north boys hostel||9473456353|
|2||Dr. Hemant Kumar||Assistant Prof. Community Medicine||9431414225|
|3||Dr. Kumar Devashish||Tutor, Department of Pharmacology||7004232096|
|4||Dr. Richa Raj||Tutor, Department of Biochemistry||7004545078|
|5||Dr. Ajay Ram||Tutor, Department of Physiology||7979010654|
|6||Dr. Rajiv Kumar Singh||Tutor, Department of Physiology||9871128519|
|7||Dr. Archana Gautam||Tutor, Department of Anatomy||7004232096|
|8||Dr. Kumari Rashmi||Tutor, Department of Pathology and Assistant Superintendent UG girls Hostel||7488386137|